Toronto can get busy pretty quickly, so when you’re looking for the perfect appliance service in Toronto, you might be overwhelmed by all your options. Luckily, with the help of our technicians at Quick Fix Appliances, all your appliance services/repairs are just a phone call away.
Quick Fix Appliances prides itself on providing customers with not only the help they need when repairing their appliance, but also the information on maintaining their valuable appliances.
How to Maintain Household Appliances
Maintaining your appliances can be an efficient way to extend the lifespan and longevity of your products. Learn some quick and easy ways of maintaining your household appliance below, and enjoy many years of hassle-free usage!
- Refrigerator -Your refrigerator plays an important role in your kitchen; it ensures that your food is stored at safe temperatures. Regular maintenance, such as cleaning up spills, wiping up any messes, and possibly vacuuming the inner coils (if needed), raise the lifespan on your fridge.
- Stove – Regardless of if you have a gas stove or a regular electrical stove, maintenance is required to keep it clean and keep you out of harm’s way. Make sure that your stove is completely off, and cooled down before proceeding with any self servicing to your stove. Wipe any spills off of your stove that may have occurred during food prep. Food debris can cause damage to burners, so make sure to clean it up immediately!
- Dryers – Luckily, with dryers, there is minimal maintenance required. All you need to do is make sure that you remove all of the lint trapped inside not only the lint trap, but by the vents inside of your dryer as well. If the dryer gets clogged it can be harmful to you and the environment. Forgotten lint can also pose a fire threat, so make sure to always get rid of the lint in your dryer!
- Washing Machine – Similar to the dryer, there are a few things you can do to maintain your washing machine. Do not over-stuff your washing machine! When the instructions say to fill clothes lightly, that is infact to provide you with the longest life of your motors, and agitators. Putting too much pressure on your washing machine can have harsh impacts on it, and can affect the quality of cleaning after long term usage.
- Dishwashers – Dishwashers maintenance is crucial! Maintain your dishwasher by keeping it clean; running a washing cycle does not mean you are washing your dishwashing machine. Use a mixture of water and vinegar to lift any food particles, or remove any stains from liquids. Find the the jets in your washing machine and give them a thorough cleaning once in awhile. Ensure that water is flowing freely as intended.