There are many people these days who use washing machines to make laundry a lot easier and faster. Most of the devices manufactured over the past decade or so have turned out to be very good, since they condition and clean clothes properly but without wasting too much water and having a lower chance of damaging the environment. If you have one of these, however, it’s important to make sure that you keep an eye on how you maintain them. One of the things you need to figure out is what signs you should use as a sign to mean that you should get a specialist to come and have a look at them.
The signs you should look out for
When you own a washing machine, the signs you should never ignore include:
• Finding that your clothes don’t become as clean as they used to be: if you find that your washer takes longer to clean the items you use it to clean or does not clean them to perfection, this could be a sign that there is a problem with the system. You should therefore try to consult a professional to come and look at it.
• Erratic functioning: this is one of the more obvious signs that show that there is a problem with the washer. Problems such as the system not turning on sometimes or it not accepting the commands you give it are all signs that there are major problems underlying the machine that you need to address.
• Increased wastefulness: if you use your washer frequently and suddenly notice that there is an increase in the amount of water you use each month, this can be isolated to a problem with the washer. If this turns out to be the case, it would be important to have the issue addressed as fast as possible. Remember, the fact that a lot of water is being wasted means that you will not only spend more on running the washer, but that the impact on the environment will be more as well. These are issues that you should strive to avoid.
How you can avoid such problems
As is the case with many other machines out there, there are things you can do to reduce the chances of some of these problems occurring. Of course, this does not mean that proper use of the device will eliminate the chances of such problems occurring. However, they will reduce them to such a degree that you may find your washer malfunctioning only once in a lifetime, and even then it is likely to be a minor malfunction. Some of the things you can do to facilitate this include:
• Use the minimum amount of detergent needed: when you use a washing machine, you will always need to use an amount of detergent that is specified by issues such as the weight of the clothes you want to wash. Most people make the mistake of thinking that the more of it you use, the cleaner the clothes will get. However, the truth is that this is not always true, and in a few cases it might lead to a higher rate of damage to the various components in the washer. In order to avoid this, you should consider using only the minimum amount of soap or detergent.
• Be careful with the use of fabric softener: the vast majority of washing machines out there have a receptacle for fabric softener. Each time you want to wash clothes, you should try to use as little of this as possible. Remember, the newer machines are very efficient, and use very little water to wash the clothes. This in turn means that you will need very little softener as well.
• Remove the clothes from the washer as soon as they are done: if your washer does not have a dryer built into it, you should make it a policy to remove every washed load as soon as it’s done. This way, there will be a lower risk of having molds and other organisms growing in the washing machine, and this in turn means that you will have a lower chance of dealing with this problem in future.
• Clean it monthly: just because your washer cleans your clothes does not mean that it does not get dirty in the process. Even though the newer versions have a self-cleaning process, it’s still a good idea to clean the interior of the washer every month or so depending on how heavily you use it. In order to do this, you might need to use vinegar. If you notice that the clothes have started getting a mildew-like smell after coming out of the washer, you can also use a detergent for the cleaning as well.
In summary, if you happen to have a washer in your home, doing the above would be a cheap and easy way of reducing the risk of damage to the machine. If it ever gets damaged, you should always have it fixed by a professional and certified body.
Nothings found for this API.